The original Diamonds is located two miles away in Villa Ridge and is the Tri-Country Restaurant and Truck Stop now. The Diamonds Restaurant was started by Spencer Groof to service the early Route 66 traveler. Once it was the place to stop on Route 66 and was billed as the "World’s Largest Roadside Restaurant." The Diamonds was originally built in 1927 then again in 1948 after a fire destroyed the original building. The building was built in the shape of a baseball diamond hence the name.
Quote from: The Road Wanderer
|The Diamonds Restaurant (1:100)|